"DoRIS" is the River Information Services (RIS) on the Austrian section of the Danube. The data application "DoRIS" supports both official traffic management tasks such as locks, dangerous goods transport monitoring as well as assistance in case of accidents, and commercial tasks such as better planning and tracking of goods transports as well as the reduction of travel times. Below you are informed about the processing of your personal data within the framework of DoRIS exclusively in relation to official data processing activities. The privacy notices for the processing of personal data in connection with our website can be found below under the heading "Website Affected Party Information".
via donau - Österreichische Wasserstraßen-Gesellschaft mbH
is the data protection officer in the context of the personal data processed by DoRIS.
viadonau processes your data collected within the scope of RIS, in particular information about the vessel, the position, the route, the planned arrival, the transported goods and the crew, for the purpose of fulfilling its official traffic management tasks, such as locks, dangerous goods transport monitoring and assistance in the event of accidents.
The legal basis(s) of the processing or transfer is the fulfilment of legal obligations pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO and the performance of a task in the public interest pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e DSGVO:
- The tasks for generating and using "DoRIS" data are part of the legal mandate according to the Waterways Act, which assigns the contracting authority with the operation of River Information Services (RIS) (see § 10 para. 1 No. 2 to 3 Waterways Act).
- The transmission, storage, processing and dissemination of ship-related identity and position reports shall be carried out on the basis of the provisions of § 24 paras 10 to 14 and 17 to 19 of the Navigation Act, § 4.07 of the Waterways Transport Ordinance and Commission Regulation (EC) No 415/2007 of 13 March 2007 concerning the technical specifications for vessel tracking and tracing systems referred to in Article 5 of Directive 2005/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on harmonised river information services (RIS) on inland waterways in the Community.
- The transmission, storage, processing and forwarding of electronic reports shall be carried out on the basis of the provisions of § 24 paras. 7 to 9 of the Navigation Act, § 8.02 of the Waterways Transport Regulations and Commission Regulation (EC) No. 164/2010 of 25 January 2010 concerning the technical specifications for electronic ship reporting in inland waterway transport in accordance with Article 5 of Directive 2005/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on harmonised river information services (RIS) on inland waterways in the Community.
- The exchange of data with competent authorities of other states is regulated in the Navigation Act § 24 para. 17 and covered by an administrative convention.
- The transmission of dangerous goods reports to the Supreme Navigation Authority as well as to viadonau are regulated in the Waterways Traffic Regulations as well as in the ADN (BGBI. III No. 67/2008).
Recipients of the transmission
The data is transferred to the following recipients depending on the context and the official task:
- bmk – Navigation Surveillance / Supreme Shipping Authority.
- respective authorised party of an affected vessel.
- Lock authority Gabčíkovo (Slovakia) for the purpose of facilitating lock management (geographical restriction: only the data of vessels travelling on the Danube downstream from Vienna/Freudenau are exchanged with Slovakia.
- Slovak Transport Authority (Captaincies), SVP (Slovak Water Management Enterprise), Slovak customs authority for the purpose of traffic management of cross-border RIS data exchange, Hungarian RIS operator (RSOE), Romanian RIS operator (RNA).
- Flemish RIS operator DVW (De Vlaamse Waterweg NV , Havenstraat 44, 3500 Hasselt).
The data will also be transferred to the following processors:
- Mühlehner & Tavolato GmbH
AT-1140 Wien, Waidhausenstraße 14/5
- GAMAX Informatikai és Munkaerő-kölcsönző Kft.
HU-1114 Budapest, Bartók Béla út 15/d
- KIOS a.s.
SK-921 01 Piešťany, Radlinského 40/A
- Fluidtime Data Services GmbH
AT-1070 Wien, Neubaugasse 12-14/25
Duration of data storage
The data will be stored by viadonau for 15 months from receipt of the data in accordance with § 24 para. 13 of the Navigation Act, after which they will be anonymised.
Information for affected persons Website
Rights of affected persons
The General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) grants you, as the data subject, certain rights, which we would like to point out to you below. Please note that these are complementary, so that you can only request either the correction or completion of your data or its deletion.
- Right to information
You can request information on the origin, the categories, the storage period, the recipients, the purpose of the data processed about you by viadonau and the type of processing.
- Right of rectification and deletion
If viadonau processes personal data that is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that it be corrected or completed. You can also request the deletion of unlawfully processed data.
- Right to restrict data processing
If it is uncertain whether the data processed about you are inaccurate, incomplete or processed unlawfully, you may request that the processing of your data be restricted until this question has been definitively clarified.
- Right of objection
Even if the data about you is correct and complete and is processed lawfully by viadonau, you can object to the processing of this data. However, this only applies in special situations that you have to justify.
- Right to data portability
You may receive the data processed by viadonau concerning your person, which viadonau itself has received from you, in a machine-readable format determined by viadonau or instruct viadonau to transfer this data directly to a third party chosen by you, provided that this recipient enables viadonau to do so from a technical point of view and that neither an unjustifiable effort nor legal or other confidentiality obligations or confidentiality considerations on the part of viadonau or third parties prevent the transfer of data.
- Right to appeal
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679).
- Who can be contacted to assert your data protection rights?
To assert the aforementioned rights, please contact us in writing (by letter or e-mail) at the above contact or directly at the following e-mail address: datenschutz[at]viadonau.org